Picture coming soon
Asparagus and Fennel Warm Soup
1 bunch of Asparagus
1 big bulb of Fennel
1 cup of spinach leaves
10 whole peppercorn
2-3 cloves of garlic
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
6 cups of vegetable/chicken stock.
1/2 pack ( 4 ounces) cream cheese regular or fat free.
- Trim the the woody stems of the asparagus and cut into 1 inch long pieces. Chop the fennel bulb ( it smells heavenly!).
- In a small stock pot, heat olive oil, peppercorn, garlic, bay leaves. Add spinach, asparagus and fennel. Saute until the fennel is soft.
- Add stock and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until the asparagus is soft. Discard bay leaves
- Shut the heat and using a hand blender, blend right into the pot to get a smooth puree. Be careful while blending hot liquids.
- Heat the puree on low and add small chunks of cream cheese. Cream cheese will melt to give a minty green colored smooth soup. Adjust seasoning. Add pepper powder if you like some heat. Enjoy with mozzarella, basil and tomato toasted sandwich.