Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sharing the Sweetness




This is my first blog post ever......woohooo!

In almost all cultures, everything begins with food and ends with food. So without being an exception, my first post is about, you guessed it, FOOD.

Last weekend I made these melt-in-your-mouth flaky white chocolate cheese tartlets to take to the Guru Purnima Satsang. Satsangs are sweet celebrations filled with songs, devotion and gratitude. Sharing these little yummy morsels made the moments sweeter.

The original recipe called for bunch of ingredients but I kept it to a few pantry staples. I made the pie crust from scratch, you don't have to do the same. Infact, the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust is so much better and so much easier. The tartlets look complicated but with the store bought crust and a mini muffin pan , you can whip out a batch in no time. If you are pressed for time, grab one of those graham cracker pie shell instead of the pie crust and it is still a winner.

White Chocolate Cheese Tartlets

1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust-at room temperature
8 oz cream cheese softened
4 oz melted and cooled white chocolate
1/2 cup of sour cream

Toppings:
Berries of your choices
Melted jam/preserve

Method:
Unroll the pie crust and using a cookie cutter cut out circles of crust that you can line the mini muffin pans. Blind bake the crust at 450 degree for 4-5 minutes. Once cooled, take the tart shells out and set them on a wire rack.

For the Filing: beat the cream cheese lightly, add sour cream and slowly pour the cooled white chocolate. Mix well. Fill the little tart cups with the filling. DO NOT BAKE.

Top the tarts with berries or seasonal fresh fruit. Brush with melted jam of your choice. Refrigerate.


Is this easy or what!









2 comments:

  1. This is super awesome Neelam...hate to admit but this is my first opportunity to read your blog entirely without any disturbances or other chores to attend to...and I am super glad to read it!! So far I have read only a few of your posts but you sure have a wonderful way of writing. I am very impressed with how you blend memories with food and deliver such fantastic post. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo impressed with your blog Neelam...gosh such a talent.So many demands in my family with this blog, my husband want malai chicken, he wants the thaalipeeth,My niece was sitting with me she said I want apricot, and mac and cheese....I am very happy that I shared this blog information with my bhabhi and she is also very happy about it..Kudos to you Neelam...amazing really.

    ReplyDelete